Relief Applications is looking for an enthusiastic junior developer with project management skills to join our growing development team. We are looking for engineers passionate about shaping the next generation of humanitarian developers and innovators.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for following a project throughout all its cycle, then we are looking for you!
You will have a high degree of responsibility and ownership over the development of existing projects and new features to improve and enhance mission-critical software applications.
Consulting Title: IT Project manager junior (full stack)
Contract Length: initial 1 year contract with a view of extensions (for internal candidates) – 6 months for external candidates.
Date Needed By: ASAP
Exact Job Location: Madrid - Spain
Reports to: Tech Lead
We are a young European-based organization serving the international humanitarian and development sectors. Founded in 2014, by an IT expert and an experienced humanitarian during the Red Cross response to the Haiyan (Yolanda) typhoon in the Philippines, we provide a variety of innovative services bridging humanitarian work and cutting-edge technology to disseminate new IT tools and significantly improve the efficiency of humanitarian organizations. Our clients include several United Nations organizations, Red Cross societies and NGOs such as Save the Children, Oxfam and many others.
In this role, you must self-motivated, able to work both independently and closely with your team, coordinate and assign tasks in conjunction with the tech lead. Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for front and back-end best practices, scalable architecture and quality user experiences.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in engineering Studies (with an IT focus) or equivalent
• 2 to 3 years work experience as IT developer
• Good English, written and spoken
• Have a passion for coding
• No 8-5 mentality (we value flexibility and passion), proactive and easy going
• Database creation, integration, and management—e.g., MySQL, SQLite
• Objected Oriented Programming fundamentals and server-side programming languages
• Able to learn new technologies quickly
Nice to have
• Knowledge of Symfony and/or Angular
• Angular, Ionic
• Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile platforms (iOS or Android)
• Eye for design and UX consistency across platforms
• Ensure the technical management of 1 to 3 Relief Applications projects (depending on the size) and the technical advice of the Tech Lead and the leadership of the CEO
• Developing new features while incorporating feedback from team members and clients
• Manage workflow and maintain deadlines of simultaneous projects
• Build functionality according client/user needs, integrating open source and/or pre-built code into existing code base.
• Maintaining and upgrading legacy components to modern development standards
• Write and/or integrate with third party APIs coordinating team members during design reviews to refine user experience
• Enhance and promote knowledge exchange and support among internal teams
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Relief Applications endorses the Digital Development Principles (https://digitalprinciples.org/ )
The post may imply occasional travelling to developing countries following the needs of current projects.
Due to the nature of this position, only candidates legally eligible to work in the EU may apply.
Relief Applications is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
How to apply:
Please send by email your résumé and your cover letter to email@example.com
Indicate the position title in the subject of your email.