Reporting to the Head of Data Engineering, the Data Engineer will be tasked in building data pipelines, preparing and merging sources for analysis / visualization, to help deliver a program of both industry and company transformative data driven products and services that ultimately empower decision making and boost business performance.
- Deliver data driven product as part of a multi-disciplinary team following agile processes:
- Support data collection / description / exploration activities and quality assessment
- Implement data pipelines (integration / ingestion of data sources)
- Realize data preparation activities, under the supervision of the data scientist:
• Data cleaning
• Feature engineering
• Reformatting / standardization
• Data integration
- Industrialize code and ensure overall analytics solution performance
- Support solution leader in defining deployment plan
The candidate will have a strong experience in building and delivering high scale data capabilities that bring transformative value. She/he will have had successful roles in executing data projects for a complex business. Experience of working in global teams and/or startup environments would be advantageous.
Specifically, the Data Engineer is likely to have:
- Master’s in a computer science / programming
- Excellent coding skills, proficiency in Python / SQL / R
- Experience in building data complex requests / Pipelines on large scale data bases (SQL, Postgres, Python)
- Good knowledge of MPP environment and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Elastic search, NoSQL) + Experience in working within an agile development team
- Ability to read across cultures, international experience a plus - Team player and good communicator
- Fluent English, French a plus.
- Values and ethical principles is critical to fit both the organization.
Based in Paris
Salary : according to profile and experience
The name of the company remains confidential during the first steps
Contact Pierrick by email : firstname.lastname@example.org